Saw this on someone elses Blog.....interesting that at the moment of reading it I was literally taking a sip of Diet Pepsi. It immediately turned yucky tasting in my mouth!
Water or Coke?
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated
2. In 37% of Americans, the thrist mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study
5. Lact of water: The #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
And Now for the properties of COKE
1. In many states ( in the USA) the highway patrol carries 2 gallons of coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of Coke and it will be gone in two days.
3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hours, then flush clean. The citric acid in Cike removes stains from Vitreous China.
4. To remove rust spots from Chromecar bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil diped in Coca-Cola.
5. To clean corrosion brom car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
6. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the coke for a sumptuous borwn gravy. (not on my eating plan!)
7. To loosen a rusted bolt; applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola for several minutes
8. To remove grease from clothes; Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola helps loosen grease stains.
9. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
For Your Info
1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.
2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup ( the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Hightly corrosive materials.
3. The distributors of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years.
Now the question is, would you like a coke or a glass of water?
I think I will drink more water but buy coke for my cleaning closet!