Friday, January 29, 2010

4 down....lots to go

Goals.....I did ok this week. exercise and recipes I rocked! The other two....well, lets just say better luck next week.

Mileage: I completed above and beyond my 60 mile mark for this week. (just above...but I did it). I'm still behind by 35 miles or so....but I'm on a roll and I'm going to make that up soon!

Strength training: Nada

Recipes: I tried three new recipes.
** Sweet and Spicy Wings which turned out quite tasty!
**Baked Mozzarella sticks.....I've missed cheese sticks as an appetizer, so I was super excited about these!
** Cake balls. Not at all healthy...in fact, step away from the computer...they are delicious, but highly fattening!

Weigh: Well when my official weigh in day came, my home scales showed a loss...the weight watcher meeting (not my normal) that I attended showed a gain. Go figure.


Last weeks goals:
Water consumption- I did ok, except for one day
Healthy foods-I struggled with some of my choices this week. After the first two days of my weight watchers week I looked at my counter and realized that I only have 8 flex points left for the week. YIKES! I ate that much extra food in TWO days!
Exercise-I made my 60 miles...with about 3 miles to spare! So I didn't cut deeply into the deficit, but I didn't go in the hole any further!

So for this week. Basically more of the same
1. water consumption
2. Healthy foods
3. Eradicate the mileage deficit that I have!!!

8 comments:

nancy said...

The chicken wings sounds delicious. As for the cake balls, one would lead to another and another.

lindalou said...

Maryfran, You're doing good...keep it up girl!! I went to school at Conestoga Valley, I lived off of the Old Phila. Pike, but lots of my friends are from LEOLA!! Now I live in Lititz, and yes, Lancaster is picturesque. Small world!!
thanks for commenting on my blog!

Lisa "One Mom's Weight Loss" said...

Great job on the mileage! That is truly impressive. I hate when scales differ. That is so frustrating. Go with the home scale :) Have a super weekend.

Mary Joy said...

Will definitely try the wings and the motz sticks! Keep up the great work!

bbubblyb said...

Looks like you had a good week :)

MochaTrina@Me So Hongry... said...

I AM SO TRYING THOSE CHEESE STICKS!! One of my co-workers sold cake balls week after week after week after week for the holidays. If I never see another cake ball again it will be too soon. I ate one when they were free and when she started selling the cake balls I was like...not thanks!

Sounds like your working your plan. Keep your eyses on the prize. I only weigh in at my WW meetings. I don't even keep a scale at home. Well good luck and keep it moving!

Karen@StrictlySimpleStyle said...

Goals are good and you are choosing a small, manageable number of goals.

I tried a new recipe this week that you might like-Chicken Fajita Pizza. I used a whole wheat crust and very little cheese. Even my picky husband liked it. E-mail me if you want the recipe. karen.evans@bex.net.

MochaTrina@Me So Hongry... said...

I tried the cheese sticks and loved them!!!!