Friday, August 12, 2011

Weigh in

Ok, so the first few weeks back at Weight Watchers my scales and the weight watchers scales were literally within a half pound of each other.  I was happy.  I would be able to keep a pretty close track on where I am in my weight loss.  So  last week I was tickled because my scales showed a nice loss.  I got to the weight watcher meeting and low and behold it only showed me down 2 pounds.  My home scales showed BIG...like 5 pounds. (yeah, that's a lot, but sometimes our bodies lose that way).  So i just chalked it up to "must have eaten something salty (I had eaten out for lunch that day between my home weigh in and my meeting weigh in) and rolled with it.  So my home scales were up a bit the next day so I felt ok.  Fast forward to this week......home scales showed me down 7 pounds from last weeks weight watcher weigh in.  So I felt confident that i would show SOME kind of loss.  NO NO NO.....I showed a gain of .6.   What's up with this?   My home scales are really my gauge.  I go by my weight watcher as my official loss counter...but my home scales are where I really feel and judge my results!  ARRGGGHHHH

This go round is going so much slower.  I don't know if it's becuase I'm just older or if it's becuase this is really old hat. I've been doign this for so long (even when I gained I ws still somewhat doing it).  I'm not sure.  But I dont like slow!  I want instananeous. Yeah, I know that's not the way that these things work. But I want it!

So I plug along.  I'm going to conquer this!!!   SOOOOOO  Even with my weight GAIN this week (and the big gain the last year or two)...I'm STILL 81.2 pounds down from my ultimate highest.  I need to build on THAT and not he measely 4.2 pounds I've lost since re-starting weight watchers!

6 comments:

F. McButter Pants said...

Keep building! That is weird about the scales.

timothy said...

the scale has been my enemy for sooooooo long. i really didn't think i was losing but i lost 6.8 the 1st week and 1.8 the 2nd week according to ww.so while i still do NOT like the gosh darn things i guess were frenemies! lolol when i get to onederland i'll make nice! i simply decided my thurs meeting IS my weigh in i shall NOT will NOT can NOT weigh in between, cause i'll drive myself nuts. of course i'm superstitious i ate the exact same thing the night before at work (1/4 pd beef hot dog no bun , 4points) got off work walked on the treadmill for 1/2 an hour, and wore the same clothes. by the time i'm lifetime maintenence that outfits gonna be rags! LMAO
don't get discouraged sweetie, you know it's an adjustment for the body just keep on keepin on and you'll get there. meanwhile i'd either get a new digital scale or simply stop weighing at home. shoot if you NEED to weigh hop on the scale at the grocery store those are pretty acurate. plus i'd avoid ALL salt and cut back on dairy to see if that helps. good luck!!!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

WWSuzi said...

I find different scales always say different things! Don't let it affect your day :) Your doing great

Susy said...

Keep in mind the fact that even within the same day our weight fluctuates. For me the ONLY weigh-in that counts is on my same scale every time and first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and with NO clothes on. LOL

Nessa said...

This is why I hate scales! Especially the scale at the Doctor's office, always gives me an extra 4/5 pounds!

TheOtherFreshman15.blogspot.com

Lovebug6100 said...

How's it going....there hasn't been a recent post...I've been slacking too...but I keep checking in on you...you can do this...you're a pro =)