I struggle with breakfast. I do not like eggs on there own. I do not eat beef or much pork. Cold cereal leaves me famished within an hour or two. So what to eat for breakfast. I get tired of the boring mundane pancakes, waffles and French toast. So the other day I came up with this....
4 slices of texas toast (the thick bread)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup apple pie filling
1 cup cornflakes
1. Crush cornflakes and lay on a shallow plate
2. Break eggs into a bowl and add cinnamon.....beat together
3. Lay out two pieces of bread and spread each with half of the apple pie filling. Cover the pie filling with the other slices of bread, to create two sandwiches.
4. Dip the apple sandwiches into the egg mixture and then immediately press them into the cornflakes.
5. Place on a griddle or grill and grill on both sides until they are golden brown.
update: I actually prefer making this now with two regular slices of bread versus the thick texas toast style bread! Saves calories and works better!
Per Serving: 271 calories