Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sadistically Sore


I have been rocking my workouts. I've been trying to push myself in my workouts....push myself to the next level, really give it my all!  I can feel it in my muscles.  Muscle aches have been my constant companion of late.    Lets see, there was Zumba Sentao on Monday night.  Don't let the Zumba Sentao description kill you.  Zumba centered around a chair.  Chair exercises...easy peasy right?   NO NO NO, think push ups, planks, squats, all while you are 'dancing' around.  It's crazy hard and the muscles twinge after a session.  (you know it's a good workout when your instructor comes back the next day and says "Is anyone else sore from Sentao last night, because I sure am!"   And this is a lady that leads upwards toward 30 zumba classes a week...at age 65)  Then I went to zumba on Tuesday night.  I left my class on Tuesday night and felt vibrant and full of energy so after my quick dinner, I hopped on the exercise bike!    Therefore, since I was off work on Wednesday afternoon, I decided to go for broke.  I went to the early zumba class at 5:30.  I pushed myself through that hour and five minutes (she went 5 minutes over...and yes, I'm counting those five minutes).  I had a ten minute breather and then I started my second sixty minute class (5 minutes over again).  So 130 minutes of hard core jumping, squats, lunges, toning.  I got home and my muscles were shot!!!!  I was plumb tuckered out.      I woke up this morning and felt twinges in my arms, my legs and most of all, my abs!  Weeeeeee   I hate the pain, that first feeling of moving and just wanting to groan.  However, I just want to grin every time these twinges hit me.  I LOVE the feeling of the twinges.  It's a badge of pride that I ache.

9 comments:

Gwen said...

You are a true inspiration!!!

Michelle said...

Oh yeah, the pain hurts so good!

Pam said...

Wow! Awesome! Way to go! I want to try Zumba soon!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I thought of your post when I was dusting our bedroom earlier. I dusted the cobwebs that have grown on my little dumbbells and weights stack and the leg weights. I really need to start using them. I see them every day as they are in the bedroom in a little timber thing on the floor. Can't say I don't get reminded every day!!

Eesh said...

Way to go sweetheart! And yes those extra 5 mins do count! Keep at it and soon you'll be teaching the class ;)

xx

Anonymous said...

Wear your badge proud!
Shazaam!!
Sherry

Susy said...

Wow! I'm so happy to see how great you're doing!! I'm feelin it too :)
You know what they say, pain is just weakness leaving the body...

Helen said...

Excellent!

WWSuzi said...

I have to admit I smile when every time I pick something up I feel it :) You know you're working hard when....