Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Crossing my fingers

I wasn't that horrible with my eating over the holiday weekend.  Ok, so I did have two pieces of cake....but overall, my calories were not that stupendously crazy.  Yet I stepped on the scales and I was 5 pounds up.  Really?  5 pounds!   I decided to just sit back and drink my water and try to eat right and hope that it dropped quickly.    I stepped on the scales this morning....1 pound down.  So slowly.

However, I'm sitting here and I"m thinking...even if I manage to recoup my holiday weekend gain by my official weigh in day (friday) what a waste of a week.   Was the 2 pieces of cake worth it?   Were all the carbs worth it?

So my plan was to run today.

However, I've noticed in the last day or two that my ankle hurts...especially when I first wake up.  It's not a horrible pain, most just a twinge.  Last night it was really bothering me after I got home from zumba and this morning it was actually a little worse then recent mornings.  So, I'm being a good girl and resting it.  (ha ha ha....well, maybe I should switch the outfit I'm wearing to work....or at least the shoes I'm planning on wearing...ha ha ha...hey, I will kick off the shoes if it bothers me too much)


OH yes, I love my suede pink shoes!

I've got nothing else to say......I'm just refocused....trying not to kick myself for the setback (hopefully temporary!) in my weight loss.......but I have to say......this dang 5 pound fat vortex.  Seriously...what does a girl have to do to get past this 5 pounds?

11 comments:

Tricia Coniglio said...

The shoes are super pretty but I think you are right, they could add to the ankle twinge.

Lori said...

Oh my, I love those pink suede shoes too!

I have similar over-reactions on the scales whenever I indulge in carbs. It seems to me to take twice as long to lose as to regain.

You'll get it back off, I'm sure.
Lori

timothy said...

2 pieces of cake equal 5 pounds yep that's about right I candy bar is 2 and a king size is 3, ice cream forget about it one of those pints will put 4 or 5 on my ass........and Mrs fields should be ashamed of what her blasted cookies do to people. I think mayhaps she's an alien sent her to make us easier to conquer so avoid her poison at all costs!

SugarSack said...

love the shoes, but maybe you do need to wear sneakers for a few days -- hope you get better soon

Fran said...

I WANT THOSE SHOES!

Suzanne said...

I have a love/hate relationship with the scale. Kudos to you with those pink heels. I would love to be able to wear heels but I am too klutzy and would probably break my neck -lol

Kyra said...

You'll get past it! :) One day at a time, and remember that there is no way you gained that much from 2 pieces of cake. So, it's an illusion. :)

Kady Osbourn said...

No worries! Slow progress is still progress. Progress after regress is still progress. You rock!

LuckyMama said...

MaryFran - It's all part of the process. You're learning what you can tolerate and what you can't. I'm in the same boat.

Those shoes are beautiful!

Darcy Winters said...

Love the shoes! Sorry you've been having a bad spell. Since you've been emotional and had a weight gain - I bet it is menstrual related. You know lots of exercise can throw things all out of whack too. Your body just has to adjust. Your still making progress. Hang in there!

Tiffany said...

Hope the ankles are feeling better now. Dont beat yourself up over it just do like you said refocus and move forward. You got this girlfriend.