Friday, July 11, 2014

Don't look back!!!

Friday morning is my weigh in day. I woke up and took care of business (come on now, don't tell me that this is odd behavior...we all do it!)  and then stepped onto the scale  I soooo didn't want to do it.  Fourth of July weekend was rough on me.  Those two pieces of cake and all the high carb meals just KILLED my weight.   I had taken some sneak peaks and I was quite nervous.   I'm happy to say that the official damage was only 1 pound.  (On Monday it was looking like 5-6 pounds!).

I'm still bummed about wasting the week. That's a week where I could have gotten out of this weight loss hellish vortex!  But that wasn't to be.  So it's time to move on...no looking back.  

My week has been totally void of exercise.  I've totally give my ankle a rest.  It's feeling pretty good.  I didn't feel much (if any) of a twinge this morning.  Not enough to actually stop and notice it (or maybe I'm just getting used to the pain...ha ha ha) so I guess the rest worked.

I have decided that my lax workout routine is DONE.  Back at it this weekend.  I'm going to try to run one day....and Todd mentioned tennis.  Maybe a hike or two.    I've listened to my body and given it what it wanted.  Now it's time to move!

In the meantime...I'm going to suck down the rest of my Diet Pepsi.  :-)

I'll leave you with a picture of my cat Ethel...she had a rough day yesterday.  She got her head stuck in the handle of a bag.....and then got stuck in a blanket that I pulled without knowing...she took a tumble. She is getting up there and age and is quite frail and wobbly.  I love her to death though and I already worry about losing her!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ethel is adorable!! I love kitties!! That must have been scary for her to fall being at an advanced age but kitties are very agile (usually) and bounce back quickly unless they are sickly. Also, good job on getting back on the exercise wagon. Could you bottle some of your motivation and sell it to me? Please? Onto a successful new week, right?

http://themiscellaneousmom.blogspot.com

timothy said...

glad the damage was minimal and the ankle is better! and ethel is adorable