On Monday I was at work and slipped on my tennis shoes and out I went on my lunch break!
This tree caught my eye for some reason
Love our shadows! Even though our hands look like they are twisted and warped.
And of course the setting sun over the river!
I had vowed to run in the morning on Tuesday. I had worn a new pair of tennis shoes for half or my miles on Monday and I had picked up a blister. OUCH! My legs were still feeling the effects of soooooo many miles in the preceeding 4 days. (Three days of hiking and one day of lots of walking). But, I had told Jason....and I knew he was going to ask. (We are working on a challenge.....more on that in a future blog post) So I covered my blister with a gauze pad and some duct tape and laced up my running shoes. I planned a two mile run since it had been so long since I've run. I completed 2.21 miles ALL running (no walking break). It wasn't fast but I did it!
My legs were REALLY shot by this point. I went to work and sitting caused my muscles to stiffen up. It took EVERYTHING in me to get myself up and walking on my lunch break. But I did it!!!!!!
So what in the world does the title of this blog mean? Thirty Miles Equals? It could equal so many things!
* 30 miles = one gallon of gas (for my car at least....)
* 30 miles =distance to the next town
* 30 miles = 48.28032 kilometers
* 30 miles = if I add per hour it could mean a speeding ticket in a 15 MPH zone
* 30 miles = 158,400 feet
But those things, while absolutely true are not what I am talking about. I am talking about what in the world does 30 miles of walking, running and hiking in a six day period equal. It actually means a few things to me!
* 30 miles = sore legs (deliciously sore...but sore none the less)
* 30 miles = extreme satisfaction in my accomplishment
* 30 miles = happiness....many of those miles were spent with Jason
* 30 miles = 3.4 pounds
Yes, I lost 3.4 pounds this week! YIPPEE!!!!! Can you say happy???
It wasn't just walking the caused the weight loss. All but one day I simply ate reasonably. Although I will admit that on that one off day that the BLizzard (yeah, I've now caved twice recently) and the king size package of Reece's Cups tasted SO good! Sadly, the bad eating day was NOT a day where I even walked much! That blizzard made me feel bloated and icky though, and that is what sparked me to walk at work on Thursday...the day that started my crazy streak of activity. On the steady and in line food intake days, I didn't starve myself. I didn't go crazy over my calories though. I just ate reasonably. (Pizza for 6 meals is reasonable right? Yes 6...three dinners and three leftover breakfasts!)
I have long said that I would rather exercise a whole bunch to give myself the freedom to eat what I want (within reason) and to not have to be overly anal about my food intake. Well last week has proven that it works!!! Lots of walking pus food not crazy but definitely not perfect (pizza for six meals!) and I lost 3.4 pounds! That's what I'm talking about!
So it's Wednesday and time for my weekly check in for my year goals!
1. Setting a PR in running. I started running....just need to do it consistently! And I am totally working on a plan for consistency and accountability!
2. Be at weight goal! Oh yeah, a loss of 3.4 is definitely working on that goal
3. . Exercise at lest 3x a week. Every day except last Wednesday!
4. Track food I tracked every bite...and all but that one day stayed pretty close to budget (that one day I was between 2000-2100 calories so still not as bad as it COULD have been....but definitely NOT a win!
This was a successful week!