Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Bad luck or no luck

Moving along chronologically....(weekly weigh results at the end of the post)....


If I didn't have bad luck....I'd have no luck at all!!!   After a large chunk of change spent on my car in December and January...and one or two other financial blows in January I struggled to pull myself out of the financial mess!  Last weekend  I made the comment that this paycheck SHOULD put me back on track...no savings left but no outstanding bills/debt!!!  Which meant let the savings begin!!!


On Monday night I was driving down the interstate and kabaam, loudest I've ever heard a rock hit....and of course my windshield now has not one...not two...not three...but four spots of damage!!  Yes I have comprehensive coverage but still...a deductible is still hard to cover when you make what I make (Peanuts would be an increase of pay. Let me just say...I live with my parents because I can't afford an apartment on my own!).  Grrrrr!


Then Tuesday morning I went to use my Aftershokz headphones (mine are not pink...I have plain black ones)

 

And they won't snyc with my phone.   Really?????   The last time I used them I noticed that one of the sides was floppy..that the plastic casing was cracked but they still worked.  In the interim of noticing that and Tuesday morning, I reset my phone back to factory settings and wiped everything clean.   After the reset, my Fitbit connected via Bluetooth just fine...but my headphones no longer will sync!    Grrrr. I don't have the money for new headphones!!!    I will research and see if there is anything else I can do (I've already done the basic things that they recommend!) but I fear with the crack/floppy arm that they have reached the end of their life.


So then.....


I woke up at 5am and I so didn't want to run.  (I wouldn't have gone out until 7 anyway) So I went back to sleep and woke up at 7.   I still didn't want to go but knew I needed to!   So I tried to find an excuse in the weather.  Because I was NOT running if the weather was miserable.  I even told myself I wouldn't run if it was under 40°.  And I even chuckled because I just knew it wouldn't be over 40°.   Boy was I wrong!  So I went out!   It wasn't a fast run....my head started hurting shortly into the run.....my foot ached...but I did it!!


So yes...I did run on Tuesday morning...with wired ear buds.   (Yuck...running with wires again after a few years of freedom....yuck!   And earbuds...those darn things never stay in my ears!!!! Yuck!)


So the foot ache?   My planters fasciitis has been kicking a bit lately....and also the tarsal nerve.   The plantar hurt while I ran...the tarsal nerve started when I got home.  


See...no luck at all!!


Course that's not true....I lucked out when I met Jason!  


On Tuesday night Jason and I walked outside after work. The weather was delightful...a sweatshirt was all we needed and even that seemed warm while we were out walking.


Wednesday morning?   Back to cold.  What's up with this weather!!!!!


I weighed in for my weekly official date with the scales.  238.0.   Grrrr. That's up 1.2 from last week but down .8 from two weeks ago. 


The monthly ick is hanging out this week so that could have affected my weigh in....but let's be honest....my eating hasn't been stellar or late!!!  So let's just say it wasn't a good weigh in...but yet I was relieved at my weight!


So onward and upward. Or rather downward on the scales!!!!!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have felt that way for a long while where luck is concerned, good on running anyways.

Shelley said...

Aww, I'm sorry, MaryFran - sometimes things just seem to suck.

Any chance you could get a different job?

jesseybell said...

Sorry you are not feeling the luck this week :( But you ran! I haven't run in 2 weeks - I just can't deal with this weather!

jen said...


Hope you have run out of bad luck now...and onwards to some good luck.

Well done on getting out there and running.

Sarah said...

Great job on running even when you didn't want to. It's so easy to give in to excuses.