Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Kitchen Tales

Well then....my weight is back to the 238 boomerang weight.   I can say that I know I didn't drink enough in the last few days. In fact I woke up thirsty today which is not a good sign for my weight.   But even beyond that, I ate horribly this past weekend.   I have pulled it together a wee bit during the work week thus far, but apparently not enough!   I did it to myself!!!

We were walking on Sunday and I was pondering my weight and everything pertaining to it.   Yeah I seem to have great clarity when I'm running, hiking, and/or walking!!!  Maybe it's part of being in nature too!!!  We were seeing some pretty things!!
 
 Anyway, I thought back to a comment that was made about me a few weeks back on the 3purplethings blog.   She had the most kind words to say about my blog and I'm very touched by what she said.  If you want the full account of what she said it's out there on her blog but for this post I'm going to focus on just a few words that have been resonating in my mind since I read what she wrote.   Those words?  'She is crazy active'.   Me?   Really???  Crazy active????   No....she must need to take a nap or something because she was certainly delusional when she wrote that.  Right???   But this weekend while walking in the canal with Jason I realized that yes....she was right.  In the grand scheme of things I would be considered crazy active.  Wow....I guess I was the one that was delusional!   

You see, it's not easy to see myself as crazy active when I weigh 238 pounds!  But I am quite active.  I've made the comment that I'm the fittest fat person out there!   So if I'm so active why is my weight not dropping.   Seriously, I should be a twig right?   Well ...
 

Yes my diet is the problem.   Weight is lost in the kitchen, not the gym.    The gym may give some wiggle room with eating....and I think the gym plays a major role in maintaining the weight loss. But weight loss happens with solid healthy food choices!!!!

And what do you know?  Food choices seem to be my downfall.   It might be tator tots, red velvet whopper pies, Reece's cups, macaroni and cheese, or even just bread and butter.   But something always comes up to derail me.  That is a problem...a huge problem.   Even though I haven't wanted to face it!!! Head in the sand has been my method!!
 

So while I don't plan on changing my activity levels....I know that I have to make some kind of changes in my eating!!!
 


I have made some changes this week....lots more fruits and veggies.  I still need to make some changes and I need to keep the changes consistent.  But I can do this!!!!!

6 comments:

jesseybell said...

I've definitely thought in my head over the years that you are crazy active! But I also know it is very easy to gain weight by hiking a lot. In 2002 (yes, 15 years ago) I trained for 6 months to climb Mt Rainier so my Saturdays were spent hiking, but my Saturday nights and Sundays were eating like crap, hence I gained 15 lbs over 6 months.

But I've also thought when you say that you are trying to maintain 1200-1400 calories - that just sounds SO low! Granted, I am used to WW points and they change the make-up of the points so often that I can't really say how many calories I eat in a day, but it just sounds really low and too few calories can screw with your body.

Shelley said...

It's so true - you won't lose the weight you need to by exercising. I was sad when I discovered that...thought that if I exercised more, I could eat the stuff I wanted to more often, and that was a big nope. Honestly, I bet if you had just two weeks of really healthy eating, along with your activity, you'd show a big drop. But that means no candy or treats for two weeks. Try it - after all, the treats will still be available after the two weeks are over, if you want them.

Anna said...

Exactly! It is all the kitchen's fault :) I don't mind the exercise, but the eating is so much tougher...you will get there.

Vickie said...

You wrote -
"Yes my diet is the problem. Weight is lost in the kitchen, not the gym. The gym may give some wiggle room with eating....and I think the gym plays a major role in maintaining the weight loss. But weight loss happens with solid healthy food choices!!!!"

In my opinion and experience, maintenance is all about food choices too. And the difference between weight loss and maintenance is about 100 calories. So what we learn/apply in weight loss is exactly what we will be doing in maintenance (plus about an extra serving).

Sarah said...

I have been having some of the same thoughts lately. In fact I've made my food plan a priority for the upcoming month. I just have a hard time with it because even though my calories are in range, I know I don't eat the right foods.

I'm working on increasing my activity! Thank you for all the support.

Anonymous said...

You can do it. Yes we have to change how we eat as well as work out too, they go hand in hand. But sometimes that is easier said then done I know all too well. Am cheering you on.