Since the month isn't over yet I really can't close out the month.....can I???? You know what...most of the numbers for the month won't change throughout the day so I'm going to roll with it.
In march I set some goals for myself. Going through them one at a time......
1. I wanted to get every mile I needed for march. I wasn't aiming to get ahead on my 2017 miles but I didn't want to fall further behind in March. In numbers, that meant I needed 172 miles.
I am happy to say that as of right now...I have 175.91 miles for the month of March. I don't anticipate a high mileage day for today but that doesn't matter, I nailed this goal!!
2. I set a goal of 20 miles of running for the month.
I did not make this goal. I was close....kinda. I did better than January. I did better than February. I managed to complete 15.5 miles of running. Goal not achieved but a victory none the less!!
3. The third goal was to be below 230 pounds.
I did not even come close to this goal! I am hovering between 236 and 238. Total failure.
That said, I'm going to say that I didn't gain....so that is a victory!!!
4. Last but not least I made a hallenge to myself to keep my food intake within a certain caloric range. The range was between 1200 and 1800 calories.
I missed the mark on just a few days. We are talking only 4 days for the whole month that I totally blew my calories!!!! Not exactly hitting my goal but not exactly a failure either!!!
So for March I see progress...some successes but progress for sure.
So what are the goals for April??
If at first you don't succeed...try try again. So that tells you that am going to stick pretty close to the same goals from March.
Almost exactly the same with just a few minor changes.
1. I want to complete the miles for April so that I do not fall behind, but I would like to cover at least 25 miles extra to start cutting into the deficit if mikes that I wracked up in January and February. In March we rode 4 times and that was the factor that bumped me over the edge. So honestly I just need to add two more bike rides! It is very important to start working on that deficit because while it may be easier in the summer to meet my miles, I know that when it gets cold in November and December it will be difficult. I want to roll into the fall months with a nice surplus of miles sitting in the hopper!!!
2. I want to complete 20 miles of running! My work schedule for the month of April gives me 9 good options for mornings to run. So even without finagling different running times into my schedule I can manage to hit 20 miles by continuing to run my short loop that gives me about 2.15 miles.
3. Lose weight!! Of course I want to lose and I'm reinstating that below 230 goal. I can do it!!!!!!! At the very least I want to be away from the boomerang weight of 238.
4. My plan is to continue to track everything and stay within the 1200-1800 calorie range. Ideally I would like to be lower but I also know that more hiking , biking and running the more hungry I will be. The caveat??? I am allowing myself one day a week to not worry...a cheat day per day!!!! Not planning on using it much...but I'm ok with it! Because life happens!!! So four days over 1800 allowed!!
So pretty much the same!!!!! The only difference? I'm going to rock all of the goals in April!!!