Monday, March 01, 2010

Really trying


The "mertz-ter", originally uploaded by mfcstotler.

Ohhh to live the happy go luck existence of Lil' Mertz.

I have switched my weight watcher meeting to Saturday mornings. Why? One, so I can go back to the weight watcher center that I like. Secondly, it's in the morning...EARLY. It will be time I cut out of my sleep and not taken away from any other responsibilities. On the weeks that I work Saturday mornings, it will be tight. I'll have to leave the meeting and fly like the wind back to Sharpsburg, but I think it will be worth it. And thirdly, and possibly most important. A friend (Hi Sherry) and I are goign to go to that one together.....and help with the accounability thing. So i went this past week and faced the music.

Saturday I did really good. Yesterday just was crazy. I was on the go..and running literally from the moment I woke up. I ate out twice...and I'm sad to say that I had french fries in the evening (at lunch I got a salad to go with my sandwich). Oh yeah, I indulged an got an amaretto sour tooo. So liquor on top of it all. (it did taste mighty fine).

Tired of sabotaging my efforts. I can clearly see that I lost the weight to try to fix some problems in my life. I lost the weight and those problems didn't go away. And I was forced to face the facts that the problems were not my weight....and without the weight I no longer had an excuse.....and I think that my will to keep the weight off was damaged. Without really thinking about it, I gained and didn't care what I ate.....because if I gained, I could once again blame my weight. No more. The weight has to go FOR ME! And these problems......they are not mine to correct. I am just an innocent victim.

I'm determined to get my butt back into exercise. I'm strugglign with the will power to do so. But I've GOT to!

4 comments:

VRaz60 said...

I'm right there with ya! I just can't seem to regain the momentum. Won't give up, so let's keep at it.

F. McButter Pants said...

I have decided to try therapy. Where my head is, my ass will follow. ( Roxie Quote )

I found out the same thing. My problems didn't all go away when I lost 80lbs. I don't want to gain the weight back. I want to loose another 30 lbs, but I need my head to catch up with my body. I am ok with maintaining right now. The rest of the weight will come, I have no doubt. So will yours, I'm sure.

You can do this!

Donna B said...

way to go with the WW meetings....and by the way lil metz is too cute!

Abby said...

I tested a lot of weight loss programs, pills and diets for couple of years now. Atkins diet is one example but I’m not really satisfied with it because it’s making my body weak.
I’m on Medifast Diet right now. So far I don’t feel weak like when I’m using Atkins. The caloric intake is around 800-1000 calories.
It’s a bit pricey, but there are plenty of coupons available on the internet (i.e. http://www.swoopup.com/stores/deals/Medifast-Diet ). Even if you don’t pay full price.
My advice is just choose a diet plan which your body reacts positively to. No one knows your body better than you do!