Monday, August 16, 2010

Lofty? Or just perfect?

Whew....what a weekend. I spent it with my brother and his kids (and my parents). I didn't eat the best. So my weight was up a little bit this morning (I've got the picture at home ready..but I ran out of time to upload it before coming to work today...I'll post it later tonight).

I'm actually looking forward to my week so that I can get back in the routine of eating healthy and nutritiously. Yeah, shocks the heck out of me too.

Emotionally things are still crazy...but I'm going to redouble my efforts to take care of ME!

I'm really seriously contemplating training to run a 5K. There is one on Thanksgiving day. It's called the Turkey Trot. That would give me 3 months and 1 week. Is that enough time? Right now I'm just barely one click above walking....a slow jog....and I don't jog continuously. Hmmmmmm Is this too lofty?

9 comments:

Sevenbeads said...

No it's not too lofty. I would go for it myself if I didn't get painful knees from running. Doc said "Don't do it." What a terrific goal to set.

F. McButter Pants said...

You can do it!

Dr. Fat To Fit said...

Go! Go ! Go! Go! Do it. I'm going to do one soon! I'm trying to find one near home that works with my chaos of a schedule. You. CAN. Do. This! Even if you have to walk part of it, imagine how good it's going to be to say, "I did a 5K this weekend." HA!

Shrink to Fit said...

Why not? Sometimes we have to try. And if you start and something hurts, do something else. Hope you have a great week!

ERICA said...

DO IT! A 5K is a good motivator, and it feels great crossing that finish line. Especially on Thanksgiving, many people are eating at home and you're running! I'll be running that day too!

I'd suggest the couch to 5K program, or I'm doing one from fitness magazine. They both use interval.

MizFit said...

NOT TOO LOFTY AT ALL!!!

Josh said...

All these comments are making me want to search for a 5k in my area and give it a try!

bbubblyb said...

That's what I did, just entered a 5k and then went for it. When race day came I had only ran 30 mins straight at a slow pace a few times so not even run a full 3.1 miles. But on race day I ran the whole thing and did just fine. I think as long as your knees are doing ok I'd say do it. Just train as much as you can and work up to as much time running straight as you can. On race day even if you walk part of it it's still a great accomplishment. I know for me I have to have goals in front of me to work towards and with the race stuff once I've paid my money I'm in so it pushes me.

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!