Sunday, July 05, 2015

No turning back now!!!!

Wow...I went out running...on a holiday...in the rain.   Kinda impressive!!!!!


It was a rough run.  I got there and I really seriously contemplated redoing week 5 day 2 of my run....but then I figured that I was just afraid of that 20 minute straight run.    I should have listened to my instinct....day two had been really rough and day three of week 5 dost go well.   Not well at all, my legs were tight and hurt.   It was bad and at about 14 minutes in I walked for a few yards and then gathered my courage and willpower to run again....but by minute 16 I was DONE.    So I'm going to go back and run day two again.  I'll get this!!!

I did register for the Philadelphia RNR 1/2 marathon...October 31 is the do or die date.  Hotel is booked and everything.   Only thing left?  Training!   There is no backsies or outs...I went non-refundable on both the registration and hotel!!!!



I didn't run today....my legs were tight and achy and I needed the rest day.  So my friend and I headed into Virginia and hit up some museums and did some shopping and had a good meal out.   My legs...ouch!!!!!!!


Seriously, I should have bought the glasses right??????




 

8 comments:

Alati said...

Lol @ the glasses! Glad you had a lovely weekend!

Darcy Winters said...

You totally rock the glasses. lol
Yay, for signing up for the run and running on a holiday in the rain! :-)

kathyj333 said...

Good for you. I used to run all the time when I was a much younger version of me. Maybe it's believing you can that makes the difference.

I'm glad you had a great weekend. Looking fforward to reading more about your adventures.

Ak said...

I just walked a 5k this weekend and my legs and joints are still aching! Love the glasses...lol

Anonymous said...

Good for you for sticking to it! Are you stretching before and after your runs? You might consider stretching for a few minutes every day, even on the days you don't work out...my GP told me it will help flexibility as we get older.

Lori said...

Good for you for making the commitment. You'll see it through.
Lori

finding lori said...

You're doing great! Always good to take a day off if you need it! :)

MyStalkerIsFat said...

That's awesome you committed to the half marathon! Best of luck to you. You can do it!